Well, I guess it’s already time to say farewell to February! Time really flies by when you get older, which has upsides and downsides. For me the upsides include the sun coming out and the flowers starting to bloom – goodbye cold weather and hello cute summer outfits! The downsides being hot chocolate is less satisfying… can’t win them all heehee!
Here’s my favourite things from the month…
- Binge watching Twin Peaks this month has been totally awesome. The first series is so brilliant, I really hope they can match it’s intrigue and mystery in 2016 when they finally launch season 3. I think I want to marry Kyle MacLachlan, and I will always have a girl crush on Audrey Horn. If you’ve never watched it, you’re missing out!
- My latest obsession comes in the form of Sriracha hot sauce, which is basically a taste sensation. It’s from Thailand and it’s finally emigrated to the UK and by god I am so happy it has! It’s actually only a little bit spicy, but it is a WHOLE LOT of garlic. Yum yum! It’s great on fries, anything that has cheese on it and (oddly) I’m really enjoying using it as a dipping sauce with thick cut crisps. If you get a chance, try a little — I’d be surprised if you don’t like it a lot…
- I finally made it to The Filmhouse to see Birdman (just before the Oscars) and I totally loved the story! Michael Keaton will always have a soft spot in my heart after being a) Beetlejuice and b) my favourite Batman so I was pretty gutted he didn’t win an award for his performance. Based on life after being a super hero, it’s a must for anyone who likes comics. Bonuses include Emma Stone is so pretty in the movie it will bring a tear to your eye. Plus: Edward Norton! Like I need to say anymore!
- A girls night in with my bestie resulted in me dying my blond hair cotton candy pink using Bblonde’s new pink toner. With this stuff you slather it in your hair, cling film it then heat it with your hairdryer for 5 minutes before you sit with it for half an hour to set in. The colour is adorable, but for me it didn’t last very long, which was super sad. It has left my hair really quickly, but at least it’s left it white and not peachy/ginger like some other pink dyes tend to do. If you’re looking for a quick fix, it’s definitely worth a shot.
- Last but not least, this month I also discovered the mesmerising paintings of Holton Rower in the form of this incredible video. Grab yourself a cup of tea and give it a watch, it’s bursting with colour and happiness!
Between all this I’m totally psyched to have launched my new line of 1950’s inspired Atomic phone cases, which are now available in my Etsy and NotOnTheHighstreet.com stores, I’ve been learning how to do my own victory rolls (the image on today’s post is the first ever up do I’ve done like this! So proud!), enjoying various snail mail from my favourite people and spending all my pennies on the Abandon Ship Kewpie Collection. . . well, we knew that was going to happen at any rate!
Hope y’all had a great month and enjoy the last of the cold and wet days – summer will be here before you know it!