April may have been full of showers, but it didn’t have a chance to rain on my parade! Between learning how to do taxidermy and sharing posts about age & wearing whatever the heck you want, I’ve been doing quite a number on this month. Learning new things, making new friends and sharing wisdom and nonsense is a surefire way to distract from the season. Boy did I have fun! In summery, here’s all the best bits that didn’t make it into blog form…
- I went to see my art school crushes Paul Simon and Sting this month! I listened to them so much through my early twenties it’s pretty remarkable. No shame in that here, you can never be too young for such timeless artists like these guys. Roxanne, 5o Ways To Leave Your Lover, Walking On The Moon, Call Me Al… Come on! This combination is just too good. If you disagree I think you need to get your hearing tested.
- I paid a visit to the incredible Kelpies sculptures in Falkirk and was totally blown away by getting to go inside them. If you love horses, tales of sea creatures and incredible sculpture, you have to check them out!
- I’ve been spending a lot of time with my lovely fellow Edinburgh Etsy Team Captains planning this years epic Craft Party and a few other *secret plans* for later in the year… Keep your eye out for tickets and more info soon!
- I’ve got my hands on a killer new pair of roller skates (one day I’ll be a derby gal if it kills me!) AND I’ve taken up my new favourite hobby; Ariel Yoga! It’s the closest I can get to Circus School, and it is freaking incredible.
- I went to see Cobain: Montage Of Heck which is a must see for all Nirvana fans and I also discovered this amazing video interview with Dolly Parton, a beautiful reminder that anything is possible…
I’ve got a number of exciting things in the pipeline in the next month or two which I can’t wait to share with you *ahem* new products *ahem* maybe even a giveaway *ahem*! SO if you’re not following me via Instagram you might want to hit me up now 😉
Oh, and if any of you have anything you’d like me to share advice on or any tutorials you’d love to see me tackle please let me know! I’d love to hear from you!
Hooray for May!