Farewell March! And hopefully farewell to all that chilly weather too! This month has already brought some lovely sun in to cheer me up and I’ve even spotted my first ladybug of the year. I don’t know why I get so excited when I see ladybugs – perhaps because there not as common here anymore because it’s way too cold! Anyways, March has brought in some pretty excellent events for me, and in a nutshell, here are my favourite moments that I didn’t share online…
- Seeing Lionel Richie play in Glasgow was a seriously good decision. I’ve been a big fan of his cheesy hits from my late teens and it’s always been a bit of a joke about me. Singing along with him to ‘Hello’, ‘Dancing On The Ceiling’ and ‘Three Times A Lady’ with my mum has got to be one of the highlights of this year. It’s only March; that is quite a statement!
- I’ve been doing as many driving lessons as humanly possible in the run up to my driving test. I’m super anxious of driving, but this is a real challenge in my life that I’d love to push past and get over. I dream of road-tripping across America practically daily. I’m tired of not being able to make it a reality. WISH ME LUCK!!
- I’m a total Moon Nerd, so watching this year’s spectacular solar eclipse was one hell of a magical event to me. I have great memories of doing it 10 years ago and I’m already planning how to spend the next one. What a sight!! I might have been cheeky and ditched my pinhole camera to gorp at it with my eyes, but it was totally worth the stars I saw afterwards. That’s hardcore love people.
- Lipstick Lashes And Locks, my favourite vintage and pin up hair salon has just turned one years old! It was really fun heading to the shop to celebrate with the ladies and book in my next appointment. There was hairstyling, cherry babycham and tasty cupcakes. My kind of heaven!!
- Oh, and this month I’ve been watching loads of Tales From The Crypt which I fondly recall binge watching with my brother and cousins when holiday-ing in Florida as a kid. I have no idea how or why we got away with that considering we were all younger than 15 at the time, but either way, it bizarrely holds some pretty happy memories for me. Did you know Arnold Schwarzenegger did an episode? And Demi Moore? And Will Wheaton? And even the dad from Beetlejuice? I’m barely even scraping the surface of awesome appearances here, it has me totally glued!! If you’re a fan of tacky horror, be sure to give it a spin, even if it is only to laugh at the crap special effects.
And last, but not least, I have been eating copious amount of chocolate and Easter Eggs because I am so rock and roll. Hey, when it’s working out cheaper than a bar of the good stuff there’s no point being precious about it, am I right? I gave up guilt for lent. This has been the best decision of my life.
Bring it on April!