Whoa! Can you believe it’s 1st November already? I don’t know about you, but I’m nursing a serious Halloween Hangover right now. October has been really phenomenal for me; I’ve launched my new site, done a series of killer themed outfit posts, and had some really spectacular days out with my besties. To celebrate all the things that have made me happy this month I thought I would introduce a ‘Silver Linings post’ to share all the amazing highlights and best bits. So, here it is, in a nutshell!
- Visiting the mesmerisingly vibrant Jim Lambie exhibition in the Fruitmarket Gallery with Miss West End Girl (who took this fabulous photo!)
- Chatting to the MallZee team about their beautiful shopping app
- Watching old scary movies House on the Haunted Hill and Straightjacket and eating ALL candy corn with Backseat Bingo
- Taking part in Gala Darling’s inspiring #Lovetober challenge on Instagram – seeing other peoples contributions is so inspiring
- Investing in a pair of GOLD SEQUINNED TROUSERS from H&M (seriously, these are just too good!!)
- Going to an incredible Mindfulness Day Retreat in Edinburgh with Kim of Wardrobe Conversations (and somehow we both managed to stay silent for 5 hours straight!)
- Drawing on delicious Pumpkin Pie macarons with Helen of Wardrobe Conversations at my favourite cafe, Mademoiselle Macaron
- Getting a killer massage from Jo at Frenchies Beauty Boutique – I’m so glad I found this place, my back’s always a pain!
- Watching a double bill of the Foo Fighters Sonic Highways which is a must for all fans of music.
- Reading The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer at the speed of light because I’m a big Twin Peaks fan and they’ve just announced their doing a 3rd series in 2016 (25 years after Laura dies, because at the end of the show she said she’d come back then = SQUEE!)
- Listening to music on 8tracks, an app that lets you stream playlists based on your favourite era, mood and genre for free (you can listen to everything from Britney to The Rocky Horror Picture Show sound track on this too, it’s all big artists, it’s not just weird stuff. Go get it now, it will change your life)
- Adding a spectacular pair of studded of false eyelashes to my collection from We Are Faux at the pop up shop in Glasgow’s Princes Square – these were created in collaboration with the electro band Ladytron (and I have the perfect glam rock outfit in mind for taking them out on the town – more on that soon!)
Such a lot of fun has been had! Things I’m really excited to talk about in the next 4 weeks includes: a peek at my Lucky Dip Club subscription box, a Lush-ious explosion of happiness, some beautiful pictures by Mint And Chillies, and plenty of awesomeness inbetween! Keep your eye out for my NotOnTheHighstreet.com store reopening and maybe even a Snail Mail Trade if you’re good . . .
Hope you had a brilliant October and have plenty to look forward to as well!